Human Safety Specialist (2874)
Human Safety Specialist
Advanced Testing Laboratory, Inc. is seeking a dynamic Human Safety Specialist to join our team of dedicated professionals focused on client service and quality. The Human Safety Specialist will gather, evaluate and collate key data or other information that will be used in preparing safety assessments for raw materials or finished products.
- Collect hazard information on relevant toxicological endpoints for a given material or CAS#.
- Conduct exposure assessments and compile safety summaries on ingredients or products in specific dossier templates
- Organize clinical test results into safety dossiers.
- Perform other essential tasks, projects, and responsibilities as required.
- May include contacting raw material and packaging suppliers to request documentation and test results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science (preferably Chemistry or Biology including general chemistry organic chemistry, anatomy/physiology, toxicology)
- Experience in researching scientific literature and publications will be very helpful in this role.
- Excellent computer skills (i.e., Excel, Word, Internet research)
- Higher level math skills (such as conversion in metrics) is required.
- Critical thinking skills and good problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with several groups to compile data that is clear, concise and understandable.
- Meticulous attention to detail when assessing and summarizing human safety data.
- Demonstrated competency in statistics and quantitative data analysis.
- Ability to review and interpret industry-specific data.
- Personal integrity and accountability are essential due to the nature of the position.
- At least 6 months of directly relevant work experience in the personal care industry is required.
- At least one year of directly relevant work experience in the personal care industry is highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to meet deadlines is critical
At ATL, we don’t just do the science, we have the opportunity to transform organizations. We need people who want to grow with us and contribute directly to our clients’ success. As scientific sourcing experts, the largest and most respected companies in the world ask us to create innovative solutions to big problems. We have more input and influence, so we can have a significant impact on brand-name products and visible projects. And you can play a bigger role.
Interested and qualified candidates, please apply with a resume and salary requirements.
ATL offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Pet Insurance, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with company contribution, Paid Time Off, and an Associate Assistance Plan. In addition, we offer a competitive salary and the advantage of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
ATL is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.