Entry Level Materials Engineer
NNL has a great opportunity to start your career as a Materials Engineer. The successful candidate will focus on the research and development of materials, fabrication methods and equipment for advanced nuclear materials. Work will be performed both in local laboratories with team mates as well as remotely through subcontracted efforts. The candidate will be required to learn associated technologies and research and testing history, then design experiments, equipment, procedures to pursue resolution of technical problems or potential improvements to current methods or products. The candidate will be expected to document work and results, give presentations as needed, and learn associated methods.
Selected candidate's will Perform engineering evaluations and analyses, and make engineering decisions for all aspects of assigned tasks. Cognizant areas may include planning, designing, modeling, analyzing, documenting, and testing of nuclear, mechanical, structural or electrical components, systems and equipment and facilities. Work may include chemical or materials evaluations, design reviews, operations support, safety analysis, engineering methods and software development, and analysis of vendor's procedures and systems for quality control or manufacturing surveillance.
Required Skills *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience; or
- Currently or previously EOOW qualified in the Nuclear Operations Program; or
- SRE Qualification
- Materials, chemical or ceramics engineering are preferred educational disciplines.
- Masters degree or post-graduation experience performing research or testing are preferred.
- Experience with robotics, automation or software development for testing or material manufacturing methods is preferred.