Operations Supervisor- 2nd Shift
Be a part of momentum and innovation. Comprehensive Logistics Co. Inc. is accelerating its agile diversification into new markets and expanding its current market base. You’re invited to join this company where your contributions fuel the momentum!
We are a lean company who relies on workforce talent, and in return gives you the opportunity to engage in the growing 3rd party logistics service provider market-space differentiated by our contract manufacturing process disciplines, such as integrated robotics, vision-based error-proofing and advanced IT applications in digital material flow management.
If you are energized by solving challenges, ranging from small operational details to big strategic challenges with industry changing implications, come join us.
At Comprehensive Logistics Co. Inc. (CLI), individuals are valued for their dedication to perfecting processes and teamwork performance.
As one of the fastest-growing warehousing and logistics companies in North America, we’re looking for an experienced Operations Supervisor - SECOND SHIFT.
Manage the shipping and receiving systems. Supervise CMA personnel. Monitor operation of CMA equipment and systems. Maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures. Coordinate activities with other departments. Implement programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness. Assist with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions
- Coordinates and monitors the contents of shipments that leave Comprehensive Logistics.
- Assists with training Material Movement Team Members.
- Plan, assign and direct work.
- Appraises the performance of Material Movement Team Members.
- Rewarding and disciplining employees and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Involved in Multi-disciplinary Five Phase Problem Solving Teams that directly drives company’s Continuous Improvement Process and Policies
- Responsible for On the Job Training.
- Ensures compliance to Comprehensive Dock Safety Procedures.
- The Operations Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that material is shipped to the customer in a timely manner. They must also determine the need to Hot Shot material and ensure that the Five Alarm Process is initiated and executed.
- The Operations Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the commodity distribution in any shipment is sufficient to meet customer needs.
- Monitor the flow of labor and material in the Shipping Process.
- Ensure that all shipments are made in a timely manner.
- Make decisions on and arrange Hot Shot shipments to the customer.
- Education: Minimum of a high school Diploma
- Good written and oral communication
- Warehousing and Shipping/Receiving experience
- Supervisor/ Leadership/ Management experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Comprehensive Logistics Inc. (CLI) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.