Are you a proactive individual looking to take on the role of Project Coordinator? AVL is looking for a driven, organized candidate to fill this position and join our Lake Forest, CA. The California Technical Center is part of AVL North America. AVL's mission and vision is to be the leading engineering consultancy providing excellence and sustainable mobility solutions to North America and the world as a key member of the global AVL network. AVL will continue to help improve vehicle safety and reduce emissions. It is an exciting time in the automotive industry and AVL is at the forefront of leading technological advances. The Project Coordinator will be the liaison between many different areas within our organization, with a heavy focus on administrative duties with a strong support for the purchasing department.
The Project Coordinator role is required to work onsite as many of the duties are hands-on. A bachelor’s degree or 5+ relevant years of experience are required to be qualified for this position. In addition, proficiency in MS, Excel, and various software programs as well as strong communication skills are needed in this role.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position now or in the future.
- Purchasing/Finance Support:
- Enter purchase requests into the EBP system for all material required.
- Purchase all office supplies, including Uline & any sanitization products.
- Ensures the CA license purchasing and organization of yearly renewal.
- Receives incoming orders and scans required documents to Plymouth purchasing team.
- Organizes shipments (domestic and international) with freight forwarding companies.
- Expedites delivery of parts as appropriate.
- Assists Finance Department by providing cost center or project numbers for invoices for freight.
- Receives PO’s in SAP.
- Checks material availability for parts requested for projects.
- Maintains purchase order history for team to reference.
- Requests W9’s and ACH transfer information to set up new vendors
- Provide Resale Certificates to vendors when needed
- Source, research, negotiate and expedite material from vendors. Facilitates services and maintenance contracts as needed and interfaces and works with suppliers on behalf of team.
- Arranges for crating and shipping services, including creating shipping documents for transport of hazardous material and both domestic and international shipments (cars, batteries, etc.)
- Maintains history of distribution history of Resale Certificates to vendors and updates and resends resale certs when resale number changes are made or when need annually by vendor.
- HR/Facility Support:
- Coordination of eliminating safety hazards with support and direction from Plymouth.
- Proactively works towards ensuring basic facility maintenance tasks are completed and organizes support of larger ones as required.
- Assists and supports HR in Michigan by maintaining certain HR emergency contact records, Workers’ Compensation and other legal postings requirements.
- General Support:
- Plans and organizes all CTC events.
- Perform any necessary clerical functions such as fax, file, copy, and typing correspondence,
- Augment staffing shortfalls by creating concise agendas, organizing calls, recording minutes, and completing data collection and research for calls and meetings in a timely manner.
- Plan, coordinate, convene and facilitate efficient and productive meetings as directed; including arrangement of meals/beverages as required.
- Handle special projects and any other value-added activities for AVL, as required.
- Assists in accommodation/transportation scheduling for all events and visitors as required.
- Coordinate and communicate with landlord for maintenance and payments HOA’s, property taxes and other bills as well as other requests from property owner as required in the terms of the lease
- Assists in contracting outside labor for special projects
- Maintain MSDS documents because California is not included in the central library online
- TSI Support:
- Yearly inventory count for onsite products.
- Daily/weekly inventory shipments to customers.
- Bachelors’ degree or 5+ years of related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 2+ years in a consulting engineering environment preferred.
- Proficient MS Office and MS Project skills.
- Basic reasoning and math skills.
- Keen analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to interface well with all departments of Powertrain Engineering and to represent the Director in a highly professional manner
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Multi-task abilities and a root cause approach to problem solving Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong computer skills