Manufacturing Engineer, Heil Environmental
Location: Fort Payne, AL, US
Company: Dover Corporation
Environmental Solutions Group encompasses industry-leading brands — Heil Environmental, Marathon, Bayne, The Curotto-Can, 3rd Eye, and Soft-Pak — to create a premier, fully integrated equipment group serving the solid waste and recycling industry. Through extensive voice-of-customer outreach, in-house engineering and manufacturing capabilities, a wide-reaching service network, and proven industry expertise, Environmental Solutions Group is focused on solving customer problems through environmentally responsible products and providing world-class support. For more information, visit www.doveresg.com.
ESG is a Dover Corporation operating company. Dover is a diversified global manufacturer and solutions provider with annual revenue of approximately $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, consumable supplies, aftermarket parts, software and digital solutions, and support services through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of over 23,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is available at dovercorporation.com.
Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group - Heil Environmental
Location: Fort Payne, AL
Reports to: Senior Director Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance, and EHS
Department: Manufacturing and Operations
Individual will be a key player in the development and implementation of "design for manufacture and assembly" approach within the engineering group. Using a wealth of accumulated experience and knowledge, this individual will play an active role in determining manufacturing processes, developed using lean and Six Sigma tools, for new and existing product. Experience with structured New Product Development (NPD) processes is desirable. This individual must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Individual must demonstrate experience working within a Quality Management System (QMS) and have a working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles. Individual will strive and mentor others for the purpose of attaining goals for safety, quality, productivity and cost as well as promote an environment of continuous improvement throughout the organization. Assist in the further deployment of lean manufacturing and six sigma principals throughout the organization. Experience in any or all of the following is desired: metal fabrication processes, welding, assembly methodologies or paint systems. Six Sigma green or black belt certification preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes in support of new and existing product to ensure timely delivery of quality product.
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering support for the company and provide on-going manufacturing engineering support for new products.
- Assist in managing the document control procedures through the existing Quality Management System (QMS).
- Assist in developing the annual capital equipment budget.
- Oversee the justification, planning, and execution of individual capital projects to scheduled timelines and within approved budget.
- Perform time studies of manufacturing processes to be included in the determination of manufacturing labor standards.
- Seek out, research, develop cost analysis, and justification for new methods, procedures, equipment, and materials.
- Evaluate production capacity capabilities of existing operations and recommend and implement enhancements as needed.
- Champion process/product improvement initiatives through six sigma process projects.
- Play an active role in the development of new products through the use of design for manufacture, assembly and serviceability methodologies using a platform approach to product designs customized using configurable options.
- Analyze production processes, work balance, production scheduling, capacity, and cell concepts to optimize crew distribution for efficiency, capacity, and lead-time.
- Identify manufacturing variability issues and work with Product Engineering, Production, and Maintenance to reduce or eliminate variation in manufacturing processes.
- Implement lean manufacturing and Kaizen principles and concepts in the manufacturing areas.
- Develop and lead cost reduction projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- Must have good oral and written communications skills. Must be computer literate.
- 5 years’ experience in a medium to heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in New Product Development.
- Experience in both Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering positions.
- Experience with Hydraulics, CNG, electrical systems, and / or paint processing preferred.
- Experience with design for manufacture and assembly preferred.
- Experience with significant capital equipment and facility layout projects.
- Previous successful leadership experience leading Engineering or technical personnel.
- Experience with metal fabrication, welding, assembly and/or paint systems/processes.
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles.
- Previous experience with six sigma tools preferred.
- Works under the general supervision of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. Must handle most matters with counsel from the supervisor.
- Must be a self-starter and work under limited supervision.
Self-Awareness and Personal Development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ethics and Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities – with both internal and external customers – to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
Teamwork and Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution: Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.