Welding Engineer - BWX Technologies, Inc.
Due to the increasing backlog of work, BWXT is looking for Welding Engineering candidates at multiple locations.
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation, review, approval and release of written welding procedures in accordance with customer specifications and weld procedure qualifications
- Preparation and review of welding/fabrication instructions (i.e., bead placement sketches, setup sheets, welding instructions)
- Qualification, documentation, and maintenance of welding procedures and welders/weld operators.
- Assist shop operations in set-up and planning of welding operations
- Oversight of welders and welding operators on critical weld operations.
- Trouble shooting of welding operations (i.e., weldability issues, welding equipment failures)
- Identification, design, procurement, and implementation of welding equipment and/or fixture needs.
- Applicants must have theoretical understanding of the gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, shielded metal arc, submerged arc, and plasma arc welding processes.
- Actual welding proficiency is not required, but hands-on-experience is desirable.
- Applicants must have a theoretical understanding of the welding of ferrous and non-ferrous base metals. This understanding includes but is not limited to the bulk base metal microstructure, bulk phase transformations of the base metals and weld metal that can occur during a welding process, and the proper selection of filler metals.
- A degreed Welding Engineer is required. Qualified candidates must be a U.S. citizen, able to receive a government security clearance, and pass pre-employment background and drug screening.