INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY: Aviation Maintenance Technician
LI Title: INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY: Aviation Maintenance Technician
Writer Antoine de Saint-Exupery once said, “The airplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth.” Would you like to use your expertise in airplane mechanics to reach the true faces of the world that would be hidden otherwise?
As a supported* aviation mechanic, you would ensure that the small aircraft carrying our staff are reliable and airworthy. We are a faith-based non-profit organization providing aviation services to people who are committed to serving language communities worldwide in order to build capacity for sustainable language development for motivated members of those communities.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Ukurampa, Papua New Guinea
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is worthwhile! Your responsibilities would include:
- Inspecting and maintaining General Aviation aircraft, both fixed and rotor wing, to airworthy standards.
- Using tools such as power shears, sheet metal brakes, arc, heliarc, and acetylene welding equipment, rivet gun, air or electric drills, and hand tools.
- Testing engine operation, using test equipment such as ignition harness tester, videoscope, and multimeter to locate source of malfunctions.
- Inspecting electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories and instruments.
- General servicing and repair of turbine powered aircraft systems and components.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You have US FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) certificates.
- You are reliable and a team player.
- You work well independently and with direction.
- You’re willing to learn Melanesian pidgin.
For more information visit https://www.jaars.org/engage/serve/aviation-mechanic/
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.