Sr Manufacturing Engineer
NATURAL FIBER WELDING, INC.
Located in Peoria, Illinois, Natural Fiber Welding, Inc. (NFW) produces a scalable and sustainable universe of peerless high-performance materials created from abundant natural sources. NFW is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, innovative ideas, and the desire to commercialize new products from nature and is comprised of a team of scientists, engineers, and business leaders that are inspired to impact the world. We are looking for exceptional talent who can contribute to our exciting and fast-paced, rapidly growing organization.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Mirum
The Mirum Senior Manufacturing Engineer provides critical support of the commercialization of Mirum through development of repeatable manufacturing processes. Acting as the primary liaison to the Product Development Team, the Mirum Senior Manufacturing Engineer supports the Pilot Phase through Manufacturing Release of new Mirum products by engaging the two teams to identify gaps between Lab production techniques and fully scaled manufacturing processes, consolidating performance data, and recommending changes to equipment or compounds, documenting and execution of process enhancements, driving repeatability through process control.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organizes, maintains, and administers work instruction documentation.
- Lead execution of work order delivery and workforce balancing in support of the production schedule.
- Design and implement effective Team Member training plans and materials.
- Document process steps designed for Phase 3 and Phase 4 manufacturability trials.
- Perform efficiency studies and lead continuous improvement efforts to eliminate waste.
- Plan and define work centers including tools, equipment, labor, location, safety and quality.
- Liaison to the Business Unit to quantify product manufacturing readiness, risks, and launch capability.
- Establishes meaningful performance metrics, collects data, and compiles critical reports.
- Provides input to process engineering as related to implementation of new production technology, processes, and product integration.
- Works with the Product Engineering team to determine repeatability and required improvements.
- Leads Continuous Improvement initiatives and LEAN training within Mirum manufacturing.
- Coaches other Manufacturing Engineers to improve overall team capabilities.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a field related to rubber processing (Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Materials Science, Rubber Engineering Technology, etc.) and 10 years of directly transferable work experience, or an equitable combination of education and experience as required to successfully perform the indicated tasks.
- 1 to 3 years working within a product development team, preferably rubber compounding.
- Working knowledge / 1 to 3 years operation of rubber manufacturing equipment, equipment implementation and processes development.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and Root Cause Analysis.
- Working knowledge / 1 to 3 years application of Lean Manufacturing in a production environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data
- Meticulous attention to detail is mandatory
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take direction from multiple people
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent talking, hearing and seeing
- Frequent using of hands to grasp, handle, or feel
- Regular standing, walking, sitting and reaching
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to focus (ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Primarily operates in office and manufacturing environments
- Some of the work is performed in a shop environment where it may be loud, dusty, hot or cold
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Occasionally required to use personal protective equipment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the position.
NFW provides you with access to a telehealth benefit, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, critical illness, accident insurance, three healthcare plan options, a discretionary 401k plan and paid vacation and sick time.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter addressing their qualifications for the position and current resume.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
NFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.