Department: Research & Engineering
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
We are seeking an Engineer who, under the direction of an Engineering Manager or high-ranking engineer, will help provide product engineering services, including product development, product modifications, and technical service.
Job duties and responsibilities:
· Provide technical support to Marketing and Manufacturing for existing product offerings.
· Evaluate alternative materials for cost reductions/improved performance.
· Assist with new product development and product modification work.
· Assist to develop product parameters, specifications and engineering drawings.
· In conjunction with supervisor and Purchasing Department, work with vendors concerning tooling and part fabrication issues.
· In product development process helps consider:
o Regulatory issues
o Safety regulations
o Application procedures
o Quality acceptance criteria
o Verification analysis
o Design review requirements
· Assist with providing technical performance data necessary to support the sale of new and modified products.
· Assist with extending, after proper testing and engineering evaluation, existing products to affect greater use by customers.
· Assist with modifying products to do specialized jobs required by customer and deemed necessary by marketing or engineering.
· Assists in handling field complaints and product failures. Helps analyze problems, solutions, or recommendations after proper engineering and laboratory studies. Consults with Materials Engineer to determine causes of material failures.
· Work with Production, Quality Assurance and Materials Engineer in helping determine acceptable quality and resolving problems of questionable quality of products
· Assist with interpreting engineering recommendations, customer specifications, and engineering drawings.
· Attend technical meetings, conferences, and specialized courses consistent with area of responsibility.
· Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· 1 to 5 years of product development or application engineering experience.
· Ability to use a computer and applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Creo, SolidWorks design, or AutoCad software.
· Up to 20% travel
· A team player
· Very good written and verbal skills required.