NIFCO in Canal Winchester, OH is looking for an outgoing, energetic detailed oriented Production Engineer that is a positive, hardworking individual that will work in Production Engineering related to assembly and automation including new model quoting, building, and developing assembly equipment & mass production support of equipment. This person must be professional with excellent customer service skills and must be organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Join our growing Team at NIFCO, our company’s most valuable asset is our employees! NIFCO America is a leading global supplier of functional plastic parts for the automotive industry. NIFCO offers competitive pay, top notch health benefits with low premiums/deductibles, eleven paid holidays, referral bonus, 401K program plus much more... We have a lot of opportunity for growth at NIFCO!
- Responsible for Quoting 10% of all quotes (simple and semi-complex assemblies).
- Support transition from New Model to Mass Production, support, troubleshoot and improve processes parts, equipment and fixtures. Attend Semi-Complex and Complex Assembly kick off meetings when required.
- Responsible for Development and evaluating cost-justification proposals for new and improvement of existing equipment. Responsible for Developing assemblies and auxiliary equipment throughout the facility. Developing Work Instructions, Machine Manuals and Machine Function through Design Review Verification.
- Develop and evaluate plans to improve manufacturing processes, machine design and machine materials, assembly methods and standards. Design and layout of assembly line and work-cells.
- Preparation of work instructions, inspection and operations work standards
- Solve technical and practical problems encountered in manufacturing processes.
- Create and submit to upper management equipment and other capital expenditure proposals.
- Keep track of project progress and cost, research findings, progress reports and production engineering meetings; keep upper management informed of current status of projects
- Assist in training of Production Engineering staff.
- Demonstrate effective leadership ability that will enhance the success of the Department and Company.
- Follow the documented TS16949:2002 quality system relating the Production Engineering function.
- Ensure that the safety program is maintained.
- Must be able to travel offsite, occasionally overnight (by auto and/or air)
- All other duties as assigned by manager.
- BS in Engineering and 1-3 years’ experience (or 3 Years’ Experience in related field) with the qualifying functions / Production Engineering.
- Self-motivated and capable of completing multi-task workload.
- Working knowledge of most recent Microsoft Office / Oracle based software applications for business and manufacturing. Working Knowledge of PLC Logic and 3D design software (SolidWorks preferred).
- Communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills to interact effectively with customers and vendors.
- Must possess a high level of concentration and ability to focus on details
- Must be a licensed driver with a safe driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs