Research Assistant 1 (Bioanalytical Chemistry)
We are seeking a Research Assistant I for our Safety Assessment Group site located in Ashland, Ohio.
Generate and record data with minimal supervision in the performance of studies. Responsible for handling and processing samples, and performing accurate data collection and reporting. Perform laboratory tasks by various basic methods.
- Perform basic laboratory procedures and collect and record/document research data in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), study protocols and company policies/practices.
- Under supervision may act as lead/primary technician on basic studies.
- Input, print and edit computer entries (e.g., laboratory data).
- Prepare materials and data for shipment and archiving.
- Receive samples and complete tracking documentation.
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room setup.
- Maintain clean work areas.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research Assistant I position.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S) or equivalent in laboratory science or related discipline required.