Research Associate/Senior Research Associate of T Cell Therapeutics
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading clinical-stage CRISPR genome engineering biotechnology company located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development and the company is advancing an internal pipeline of genome-edited cell therapies for various oncology indications. The eight-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position. At Caribou, every employee is valued for their unique perspective, background, and diversity. Every person on the Caribou team contributes to problem solving and innovation. The Company’s vision is to advance agile genome editing innovations for the benefit of our communities.
We are seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our T Cell Therapeutics team in Berkeley. The ideal candidate will interact closely with functional group leaders, scientists and research associates to drive discovery and development of new therapeutics in pre-clinical development.
Responsibilities will include:
· Mammalian cell culture, including isolation, culture, manipulation of primary cells and viral transduction procedures
· Immune cell biology-based assay development and implementation in the context of an allogeneic CAR-T preclinical program
· Coordinate experiments with other Scientists and RAs across functional groups, compile data and present results and stay current on relevant primary literature
Candidate must possess:
· Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Cell Biology, Immunology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology
· Minimum of 5 years of experience working in research operations, preferably in pharma or biotech
· Broad expertise in primary cell culture techniques
· Competency in flow cytometry / fluorescence activated cell sorting
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proven ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with peers and work effectively in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
· Strong organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
· Willingness and ability to share occasional weekend cell culture duties
· Background in immunology or oncology
· Immunology based assay development
· Experience of evaluating therapeutic candidates in animal models
· Experience of technical report writing
· Application of genome editing technologies
· Experience with lab automation
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up biotechnology company, and the successful candidate should have a passion for science and a desire to work in a collaborative environment. Caribou promotes a culture in which employees are respected and valued for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company-observed holidays. The Company provides medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions.
For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Follow the Company @CaribouBio.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.