Scientific Analytical Support
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Scientific Analytical Support position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Cincinnati, OH
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Master’s grad to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
· Reviewing scientific documents and extract relevant information for the inventory;
· Assisting with the production of reports to help managers to understand spending on applications and understand how applications are being used, by whom, and how often;
· Assisting the staff in the development of oral presentations results and impacts using graphics and other interactive formats; and
· Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Location: This job will be located at EPA’s facility in Cincinnati, OH.
Salary: $29.80 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
· Demonstrated experience in the area of data manipulation/analysis using spreadsheets and/or databases;
· Experience using Excel;
· Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products;
· Experience in administration support functions (recordkeeping, filing, etc.), managing records (electronic and hardcopy), and managing databases;
· Strong proof reading, document research, and editing skills; and
· Demonstrated leadership skills, experience working in teams, and the ability to work independently.
· Experience using Access, SQL, or other types of spreadsheets/databases;
· Experience using R, SAS, or other types of statistical software; and
· Experience working with SharePoint 2013, 2016, or Office 365 SharePoint Online.
What the EPA project is about
The Office of Science Information Management (OSIM), part of the Office of Research and Development (ORD) at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, oversees numerous scientific and science management information management systems and provides leadership with enterprise information & application management, and technology operations & support.
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least a Master’s Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Chemistry, Biology, Public Health, Ecology, Math, Computer Science, or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email DeAnna.Copeland@ORAU.org