Engineer - Power Electronics Software (20010553)
If you are a Engineering professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Sidney, Ohio location, you will focus on motor control and embedded software on a team developing reliable and cost effective motor control drives to support mobile air conditioning, transport refrigeration, and commercial refrigeration applications.
AS AN ENGINEERING PROFESSIONAL, YOU WILL:
- Complete embedded software for variable speed motor control drives
- Complete motor control software for variable speed motor control drives
- Execute above inside software revision control system (GIT)
- Complete software DFMEA for variable speed motor control drives
- Complete software validation tests and reports
- Complete software documentation including software requirements document and software detailed design document
- Assist in agency approval process (i.e. review / interpret standards and release software to support approval)
- Develop test procedures and documentation for engineering and manufacturing tests
- Provide technical support to customers as required
WHO YOU ARE:
You focus on creating an effective collaborative style. You solicit both input and discussion. You try different solutions for problems and learn from the results. You utilize analytical tools to help explore potential scenarios.
Required Skills - External
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field in electronics
- 1 or more years of experince with embedded software experience in electronics new product development environment (co-op or internship experince will be considered)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in team based new produce development environment
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship for this role will not be provided.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field in electronics
- Experience with power electronics design and software development with embedded microcontrollers
- Experience with field oriented control of motors, sensor-less motor control and advanced algorithm development
- Experience with multiple power electronics inverter and converter topologies, architectures and control
- Experience w/ Matlab / Simulink tool chain, hardware in the loop simulation, other simulation
- Experience w/ software revision control in GIT
- Strong technical project management competencies and problem solving skills
- Understanding Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems / industries
- Experience with automotive, commercial vehicle, or off-road electronics
- Experience working with global team
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year’s Day. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area
Our facility is located in Sidney, OH which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as Dayton, Troy, and Columbus. The area’s generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Additional Information External
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.