BlueSphere Bio is an immunotherapy company focusing on creating personalized T-cell therapies for cancer.
Job Description: Research Associate
This is an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate to join our group for the development of novel therapeutics in the field of personalized TCR-based Adoptive T cell therapies (ACTs).
The incumbent will work on advancing our clinical candidates using Molecular Biology and cell culture techniques. She/he would assist in T cell editing, lentivirus production, T cell functional assays and process development activities. The Research Associate will join a team performing diverse functions, assisting both in the preclinical advancement of TCR leads and product characterization in early clinical development.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Using standard Molecular Biology techniques perform DNA plasmid purification and PCR.
· Assist in lentivirus production, titering, and testing in cell lines and primary T cells.
· Establish and maintain new cell lines.using transduction, cloning and sterile culture techniques
· Participate in the development and standardization of cellular based assays of T cell function.
· Characterize cells using multiparameter Flow Cytometry.
· Maintain accurate sample and laboratory records.
· Organize and conduct assigned studies, independently, following and adhering to current experimental protocols.
· Work closely within our development team as an active team member
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Immunology, Oncology, or Cell Biology or equivalent experience required, with >4 years of working experience preferred.
· Experience in Biotech/ Pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
· Demonstrated work in Molecular Biology including cloning, and gene manipulation.
· Hands-on experience with multi-parameter Flow Cytometry and data analysis is preferred but not required.
· Experience in basic cell culturing techniques.
· Experience with isolation, culture and analysis of primary human immune cells is an advantage.
· Knowledge of GxP is a plus.
· Proficiency with analytical software, e.g. PRISM, FlowJo, Excel.
· Efficiency and organization, with ability to adhere to timelines and milestones with proper documentation of work in electronic notebook.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills are highly important.