Consulting Utility Forester
Enjoy working outdoors? Would you like to gain some experience in Forestry? ACRT Pacific is currently seeking energetic entry-level professionals who enjoy working outdoors. This is a full-time opportunity for individuals who are looking to gain some Forestry experience. Our Consulting Utility Foresters are ideal for professionals with an educational background in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, biology, environmental studies, conservation or related disciplines and who would like to gain experience in these fields and line of work.
Our Foresters patrol for hazard trees, perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines. They also assist in the submitting inspection results to clients with recommendations.
This is position that involves travel throughout the San Francisco region surrounding areas.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 1-year related experience in the green industry or related field OR
- A 2 or 4-year degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Biology, Environmental studies or related field
- Ability to identify local trees and knowledge of growth rates desired
- Ability to work independently, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Ability to read and follow maps
- Valid Driver License and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle
- Proficient use in Microsoft Office Programs
- ACRT Pacific offers competitive wages and excellent benefits
- Employees become owners and receive company stock after 1 year.
- Company provided vehicle for commuting and travel
- Company Cellphone
- Company Gas Card
- 401 K Match
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
- ACRT Pacific is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR Company!!!
- ACRT Pacific offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families.
- Group Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
- Professional credential reimbursement
- Other Company Paid Benefits
Our workforce is essential to keeping the power on for millions of Americans who are either working to fight COVID-19 or who are staying home to stay safe. At ACRT Services our top priority is keeping our employees and those around us safe. Our business naturally lends itself to physical distancing; most of our employees work independently and are provided their own company vehicle, allowing them to avoid close contact with others. Safety has always been a core value and through this pandemic is no different. We have put in safety protocols and initiatives following the guidance of the CDC to keep our workers safe.