General Engineer/Physical Scientist
These position could be located in Richland Operations Office, Office of River Protection, Tank Farms Program Division, or Richland Operations Office, Project and Facilities Division, located in Richland, Office of River Protection, Operations Oversight Division WA or Hanford, WA.
- This is a developmental position with promotion potential to GS-801/1301-13. At the lower levels, the selectee will perform developmental assignments under closer supervision than that required at the full performance level of GS-13. Assignments become progressively more difficult until the next performance level is reached. At the full performance level of this position (GS-13), some of the duties include:
- Serve as the technical expert concerning technically complex scientific and engineering projects or initiatives and technical matter related to the facility.
- Evaluates scientific and engineering programs/project needs and prepares documentation (i.e., budget, procurement, Statements of Work (SOW), etc.) to support those needs.
- Conducts analysis of technical science and engineering issues, requirements and development efforts to resolve conflicts, unique issues and to address scientific and engineering uncertainties.
- Assesses and carries out strategies and actions to ensure the integrity, economy, quality, and effectiveness of engineering programs/projects
- If selected in the 0801 series, you will qualify for a higher salary, GS 07 $48,978- $60,282 and GS 09 $59,907- $73,731 (based on 2021 Special Rate salary table number 0414). This special rate table will continue through the GS-09 level.