Project Engineer Rotating Equipment - Entry Level
H & P Technologies, Inc. is a fast-growing industrial distributor and service company based in Warren, Michigan. Our Detroit Pump & Mfg. division, is a full-service distributor and service center of process pumping and fluid handling equipment.
Detroit Pump & Mfg. is looking for an energetic and motivated Project Engineer to join our team. As an Engineer in Rotating Equipment Applications, your learning will be hands-on, in house, and offsite at equipment manufacturers. You’ll take care of customers, connect with local industry, live our values, and learn what goes into managing projects for customers in Automotive, Municipal, and General Industry. You’ll be given real responsibility – and be expected to own it. We’ll empower you to experience, explore and thrive.
- Lead all coordination efforts on Aftermarket quotes including interfacing with engineering, sales, procurement, operations, and vendors
- Provide problem solving expertise to generate innovative solutions to address customer needs
- Technical review of all customer inquiry-related documents while addressing all relevant commercial constraints for the project
- Preparation of proposals in a fast-paced environment with ownership of pricing components and technical review
- Manage multiple concurrent proposals throughout the entire bid cycle, through project award and kickoff
- Follow all current procedures and policies related to the order acquisition process and provide feedback on the process
- Coordinate and manage sub-supplier requests, replacement parts and components and quotations as related to pump repair requests, including effectively negotiating terms and pricing
- Develop in-depth industry and market specific knowledge through internal and external training
- Use CAD/SolidWorks for P&ID and Lay-Out
Background & Experience
- BS Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or other related field and experience.
- 0-5 years of experience. We will provide hands on training.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems or automation equipment
- Experience with data acquisition
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Effective presentation skills
Join the Team
We are a growing and financially sound organization that provides interesting and challenging work to our team members, a family-like atmosphere, and value-added solutions to our customers.
Employees are offered competitive pay and benefits, including health, dental and life insurance; 401(k) with partial company match; profit-sharing plan; paid holidays, vacation and personal days; and tuition reimbursement program.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.