AppHarvest is redefining American agriculture by developing modern, large-scale controlled environment agriculture facilities in Central Appalachia. We’re combining conventional agriculture techniques with the most recent proven to grow fruits and vegetables that are locally grown, climate resilient, free of chemical pesticides, and resource efficient. We provide access to a nutritious and safe U.S.-grown food supply for consumers.
We’re currently operating one of the largest greenhouses in North America, 60-acre controlled environment agriculture facility in Morehead, KY, and have an active development pipeline for additional facilities. These facilities grow more with fewer resources. When compared to traditional agriculture, we grow 30x more efficiently and with 90% less water. Located within a day’s drive of 70% of the U.S. population, our base in Appalachia allows us to pick our fruits and veggies when they are at peak nutrition and reduce diesel use in transportation by 80%.
AppHarvest is proud to verify our commitment to people and the planet by being a Certified B Corporation. As one of only four public B Corps in the United States, we are focused on balancing people and profit. Our goal is to promote a future of sustainable change in the agriculture industry while reducing our impact on the planet. And we're doing it all while creating jobs and helping Appalachia build a more resilient economy!
This is Farming Now.
About AppHarvest Internships:
As an AppHarvest Intern, you will be positioning yourself at the forefront of redefining the future of agriculture. You’ll participate in a 12-week program designed to provide you with real-world work projects, as well as formal training and other networking designed to educate you on AppHarvest’s mission. No matter the intern role, you will be a part of a team committed to transforming agriculture around the world from right here from home in Appalachia.
Construction Management Interns will learn to lead construction projects, work with contractors, participate in safety discussions, and work collaboratively in a fast-paced construction environment. AppHarvest is building the world’s most technologically advanced greenhouses and as a Construction Intern you will be at the forefront of our mission.
What You’ll Do:
- Spend time with Construction team learning how to properly prepare and set up for jobs
- Learn how to estimate costs, solicit bids, create schedules, etc.
- Help to ensure on-site safety and compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Gain a thorough understanding how job sites are ran
What We’re Looking For:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, and/or related field
- 3.0+ GPA preferred
- Knowledge of the ag field and/or interest in ag preferred but not required
- Passionate to learn advanced technology construction
- Collaborative and innovative spirit
- A great communicator – excellent written and verbal skills