Location: Boston, MA
Mori (formerly known as Cambridge Crops) is a fast-moving, venture backed, B2B start-up focused on innovations in the food, agriculture, and packaging industries. Specifically, we leverage the unique properties of a naturally derived protein found in silk to extend the shelf life of perishable foods, including whole and cut produce, meat, and seafood.
Our mission statement, “More Food, Less Waste,” is supported by our company goals to reduce food waste, improve supply chain efficiencies, and increase food access.
Team and Culture
Our tight-knit team has spent their careers developing and commercializing technology. We abide by the following values:
• Think big, start small
• Embrace complexity
• See it through
• Operate with care
• Keep perspective
Our employees enjoy a generous and flexible paid-time-off policy. Mori also offers all full-time employees comprehensive physical and mental health benefits.
Mori is seeking motivated, and resourceful Lab Technician(s). The candidate will have the following responsibilities, including:
• Performance of lab duties, including equipment maintenance and cleaning;
• Protein extraction, purification and dialysis based on already established protocols;
• Daily quality control for protein solution characterization with established protocols;
• Enter corrective action when results are out-of-spec;
• Identification of trends from analysis;
• Regular communication of results, recommendations for procedural changes, safety hazards and issues, and more to the team and supervisor Maintain a clean, safe work environment
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Associates’ Degree or higher showcasing lab-based coursework in chemistry, biology, biotechnology, chemical engineering, bioengineering, or a similar field;
• Basic knowledge of protein sample handling;
• Ability to work well independently or on a team depending on the task;
• Pipetting skills and safe-lab practices are a must;
• Relevant experience is a plus.
Mori is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (“ADA”), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws. Employment opportunities at Mori are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If interested in applying to the Mori team, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lab Technician” in the subject line.