Perform detailed design of overhead and underground electrical distribution systems, perform field walkdowns to document existing conditions, ensure adherence to client and industry standards, connect with people, learn from our resident experts, grow professionally, and have some fun doing it.
WHO WE ARE
We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
WORKING FOR PRIMERA
Our Utilities division is a talented team of experts working together to provide solutions that are vital to energizing our future. We provide full-service electrical, civil, and structural engineering services to support electric and gas utilities nationwide. We’re also fortunate to support wind farms and renewables; transmissions systems; and university and industrial facilities.
WHO YOU ARE
- You studied electrical engineering. A bachelor’s in electrical engineering is a must; even better if you have a preference for electrical power. Having your EIT is a plus.
- You know power. Comprehension of three-phase electrical systems and power is a must. At least one to four years of experience in electrical distribution design is preferred.
- You are a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with other team members. Your strong organization and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You are proficient with business and engineering applications. Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is a must.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You’ll perform detailed design of overhead and underground electrical distribution systems. You’ll prepare field notes, drawings, specifications, and calculations for review and approval by a Senior Engineer. You’ll perform field walkdowns to document existing conditions.
- You’ll ensure adherence to client and industry standards. The details make a difference. You’ll apply our clients’ standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing design drawings. You’ll also coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with all specifications, codes, and client requirements too.
- You’ll connect with people. You’ll regularly communicate and coordinate project activities with internal team members and begin to build relationships with clients - with some help and guidance from your supervisor, of course.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, learn, grow and have a good time doing it.
SOME OF WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match, gym and transit subsidies, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
For more information about Primera please visit our website: PrimeraEng.com.