Technology Careers at OMNOVA
OMNOVA Solutions is in the business of improving brand experiences. We apply chemical and material science to develop emulsion polymers, specialty chemicals, and functional and decorative surfaces that enhance the performance of our customers’ products around the globe.
We are headquartered in Beachwood, OH and have offices, research and development, and manufacturing facilities around the world. Visit us at www.OMNOVA.com.
Join Our Leadership Development Program
Are you ready to launch your career by joining a company that offers the opportunity to tackle high impact business challenges, work side-by-side with senior executives and supportive colleagues and accelerate your career development? OMNOVA Solutions’ Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a unique opportunity for ambitious and highly talented Engineering graduates. OMNOVA Solutions is a focused polymer, specialty chemicals and functional surfaces organization with exciting market leadership positions across the globe. We have the need to acquire and develop exceptional talent to develop into professional and leadership positions as we continue to grow. The Leadership Development Program is a two-year program that will help sharpen your leadership skills, advance your technical skills and take your passion for engineering to the next level. The two-year program will give you three (3) rotational job assignments focused on strategic initiatives for our business and our plant operations. After successfully completing the program, you will be placed in a highly impactful and role within our Commercial, Operations or Research and Development organizations.
Candidates interested in a career dedicated to science, technology and engineering may pursue rewarding career growth through our Technology and Engineering Career Development Path. We design and manufacture advance polymers, specialty chemicals and surface treatments through the application of chemistry, polymer science, and chemical and mechanical engineering. Career opportunities range for Bachelors to Ph.D. level candidates.
During the LDP, you will experience:
- Exposure to occupational safety, process safety and environmental standards and processes that support safe and compliant site operations
- Participation in development and operation of chemical manufacturing facilities at both commercial and pilot scale
- Involvement in the execution of business strategies that result in profitable growth
- Exposure to business reporting financial fundamentals including Profit & Loss (P&L) statements and balance sheets
- Utilization of continuous improvement methodologies and tools including Six Sigma and lean manufacturing to deliver performance improvements
- Execution of multiple business process optimization projects driving enterprise and operational excellence
- Exposure to the product innovation process from idea generation to commercialization
- Utilization of basic engineering skills to solve operational problems
- Development of project management skills through the execution of capital projects
OMNOVA’s main objective is profitable growth, and as part of this program you will have the opportunity to directly impact our growth strategy. We are looking for people who have true aspirations to lead these initiatives. Our Leadership Development Program will provide you the accelerated development to ‘learn by doing’ and will put you in the thick of things. OMNOVA provides a broad variety of experiences to help accelerate your development. Candidates must be highly motivated, results-oriented, and possess a passion for strengthening operational, strategic thinking and leadership skills. Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum in Chemistry, Polymer Science or Chemical Engineering or related field. Masters to Ph.D. preferred for Research & Development positions.
- Minimum of one year of practical experience in a manufacturing setting (internship or co-op experience fulfills this requirement)
- Participants must be geographically mobile during the program, including ability to relocate within the U.S. based on assignment location and travel internationally