This is a 1 year full-time paid research assistant position beginning in the Summer of 2019.
Responsible for supporting Orthopedic One Physician and research coordinator in clinical research activity. Research activity may be retrospective, prospective, physician or industry initiated, or device or pharmaceutical in nature. Follow ethical and legal research guidelines according to the Declaration of Helsinki, US FDA Regulations for pre, post and investigator research, and the ICH Tripartite Guideline on Clinical Safety Data Management.
- Facilitate clinical research studies conducted by principal investigator(s) including but not limited to collection, compilation and documentation of clinical research data.
- Coordinate the development of forms, questionnaires and the application of research techniques.
- Enroll patients in existing prospective databases and ongoing clinical trials.
- Utilize electronic medical records software to look up patient information and data collection.
- Work with study coordinator and the IRB to ensure IRB paperwork is complete and appropriate updates are submitted.
- Assist with data collection for existing and new prospective and retrospective studies via direct patient contact in the clinic, electronically, or by telephone.
Education, Experience, and Certification/Licensure Required:
Currently studying or completion of Life Science, Biology, Physiology or Nursing degree program. Experience in orthopedics and/or IDE research highly desirable. A command of the English language and various formatting techniques such as MLA is also required. Ideal candidate will be a 2019 graduate interested in building experience and CV during a gap year prior to attending medical school.
Orthopedic ONE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, and veteran status or as otherwise protected by law.